Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Guruji.com

Since I had blogged about mGinger before, I though I might as well blog about Guruji.com as well - 'the indian search engine'. There is nothing much to write actually just visit this. It has an interface pretty much like google, in fact in my view it wouldn't be fair to compare a baby like Guruji to a giant Google.

I came to know about this search engine a few days back only, though it was launched pretty before, in 2006 if am not wrong. These guys have just now started a contest so as to promote their search engine. The contest is nothing great, publicity thing.. that's it! But what made me register for it was the prizes part.. trip to Singapore, Video iPods, iPod Shuffle etc. I hope I just get lucky to walk away with one of these goodies.

Anyway here's the link:
http://contest.guruji.com/?refid=85be7e92377849414323f55a9e3c4e36

PS:
1. I have actually run out of ideas to blog.
2. Just in case you want to try out this thing mentioned above, use my referral ID.. I should get something for posting this.. right? :P

7 Comments:

Blogger Nilesh Gamit said...

Do u know anything: How search engine internally works? whts the difference in contents provided by Google and Guruji??

I am not supporter of Guruji. But for ur information, the company who has given fund to google, yahoo, apple.. has also given fund to guruji.

No one can invest if idea is not new..

Thursday, July 5, 2007 at 1:14:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that google is also launching some contest for some hollywood movie, very soon...!

So, now its contest season for the search engines. :)

Thursday, July 5, 2007 at 1:58:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger eT said...

@Nilesh: Yeah I have a basic idea about that, didn't knew about the funds part.. is that a rumour?

@Anonymous: Not aware of that!

Friday, July 6, 2007 at 4:29:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

didn't knew , Not aware.....:) LOL What you are doing in blogging world?

Saturday, July 7, 2007 at 10:05:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger eT said...

@Anonymous: What I basically meant was that I am not aware of the fact that Google is launching some contest for some Hollywood movie.

I still think it's a rumour, how do you know about this, huh?

Monday, July 9, 2007 at 2:14:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no that is not a rumor .. i have gone to there site. See this link:
http://guruji.com/en/Investor.html

And this is investor's site which has invested in google,utube,yahoo .. etc ..
http://www.sequoiacap.com/company/guruji/

Monday, July 9, 2007 at 6:54:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger eT said...

@Anonymous: What exactly is the point you are trying to make, if one investor who has invested in Google, Yahoo!, Youtube etc. also invests in Guruji.. what's the big deal?

Investors just provide with the funds, rest depends upon the company.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 at 4:04:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License